“Ensuring learning today – Inspiring learning tomorrow.”
Athens High School will become an exemplary learning community that supports innovation and is committed to continuous improvement. Athens High School will be a place where a collaborative community develops curriculum, instructional strategies, and assessment, to ensure all students learn.
Our exemplary learning community will sustain:
- A collaborative culture that ensures all students learn. A climate that fosters instructional collaboration.
- A community of trust, mutual respect, empathy.
- An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- An appreciation for diversity.
- A physically safe and well-maintained learning environment.
- A relevant, aligned, comprehensive, and rigorous curriculum designed to ensure that all students have opportunities to exceed local, state, and national standards.
- A commitment to innovation and best practice.
- An instructional program that utilizes scaffolded, common strategies and formative/summative assessments that measure learning based on current research.