Information regarding college choice and admissions varies from university to university and it is in a student’s best interest to research carefully. It also is never too early to begin. By using the information located at the tabs at the top of the page, students will be able to see a timeline for their high school years, the typical entry requirements and some useful links to aid in their search.
COLLEGE APPLICATION PROCESS
ALL transcripts will be sent electronically through Parchment/Docufide!!!
- Select colleges to which you want to apply. We recommend the selection of three schools, one of which should be a safe school.
- Apply online at the college website or Common Application (for your selected colleges), complete the application, pay the appropriate fee and submit.
- Check with ACT (www.actstudent.org) and College Board (www.sat.org) to ensure that test scores have been sent to your selected colleges. If not, be sure to order the test scores and pay the appropriate fee.
- Register on www.parchment.com in order to send transcripts. Once registered, order transcripts for your selected colleges and pay fee. If applying through the Common Application, choose Common Application, not individual colleges, as a destination.
- If a teacher recommendation is necessary, send an electronic request to the teacher through the college website or Common Application website. **Be sure to discuss with or ask your teacher if they will complete a recommendation prior to requesting it electronically.
- If a counselor recommendation is necessary, send an electronic request to the counselor through the college website or Common Application website.
- Be sure to verify with your selected colleges that all your information has been submitted. Troy Athens can not verify submission.